- Joint Legislative Sunset Review for CCIDC
- Original IDEX prep classes
- Reference Manual For Interior Designers
- CLCID Board Meeting
- Direct Link editorials
held on Monday April 29th, 2013
at the State Capitol in Sacramento, CA
- California Council for Interior Design Certification represented by Douglas R. Stead, Executive Director.
- California Legislative Coalition of Interior Designers represented by Linda Johnston Panattoni
- Interior Design Coalition of CA represented by Suzanne Zurinaga
- American Institute of Architects of CA represented by Mark Christian
- California Architects Board represented by Doug McCauley
Issue #3 Acceptance of Stamp
Clarification of the language in our statute of what Certified Interior Designers are allowed to do under state law and specifically with regard to the exemptions contained within the architect’s practice act. The committee staff believes that it may be appropriate to clarify the law relating to the acceptance of certified interior designer plans and designs by local building departments.
Issue #4 NCIDQ Examination
Should the NCIDQ examination be accepted by CCIDC in order to meet the qualifications to become a certified interior designer in California?
The JLSRC believes that further consideration needs to be given by CCIDC regarding acceptance of the NCIDQ as an alternative to the IDEX. CCIDC Response: The CCIDC board believes the NCIDQ examination is appropriate as a “general interior design” examination but not as a “certification” examination in CA. The main purpose of the “certification” exam, the IDEX, is to ensure that CIDs are knowledgeable on California codes and Title 24 in order to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the California consumers. The NCIDQ examination does not test for the health, safety and welfare of CA consumers, and is based upon national standards, which are different from those of this state.
CLCID will continue to be involved in this process to insure that ALL interior designers are allowed to practice in the state of California.
Original IDEX California Prep Class in 2013
Fall classes have been scheduled! Prepare to take the California Interior Design Exam (IDEX California) or just refresh your knowledge. Participants will gain:
- knowledge of the current California Standard Building Codes
- applicable review of business practices and processes
- an overview of professional ethics that protect you, the public, your clients and colleagues
- targeted essential interior design fundamentals
- 0.8 CEU’s approved for CCIDC & NKBA
Class Instructor: Carol Lamkins, CID, CMKBD, principal of Design Vision, LLC, shares her knowledge and skills in helping interior designers pass the IDEX-CA. The students have demonstrated a 98% IDEX CALIFORNIA pass rate.
THE ORIGINAL IDEX CALIFORNIA PREP CLASS is offered two times a year in the Spring and in the Fall in preparation for the IDEX-CA exams. Register Now! Go to www.clcid.org.
CLCID Code & Regulations Reference Manual
for Interior Designers
CLCID has the most complete Codes and Regulations Resource Manual for Interior Designers. We now include a comprehensive index that makes it easy for you to find any code or regulation that you might need for clarification on your project. Those who purchased a manual prior to the index being included will be receiving an email with information on obtaining a copy of the index or you can firstname.lastname@example.org to request your copy.
This manual is a must have for the library of all Interior Designers. Go on to www.clcid.org and order yours today.
The Reference Manual is also an excellent resource if you are studying for the IDEX exam. A special discount is given for the manual when you sign up for the Original IDEX California Prep Class.
CLCID Board Meeting
The next Board Meeting is being planned for July in Southern California. All CLCID Members are encouraged to attend the open portion of the meeting. Stay tuned for details in the next issue of Direct Link.
As with many non-profit organizations (501-C6), CLCID depends on your contributions to operate. Funds are always needed and we have several ways you can help;
- Become a Member – go to www.clcid.org
- Benefactor – as a benefactor, your name will appear on CLCID’s website and your contribution is tax-deductible.
- Purchase the 2011 Code & Regulation Reference Manual, includes CALGreen.
- Take our IDEX CA Prep Class – the “Original” with a demonstrated (98%) exam pass rate.
CLCID’s Board of Directors is an all volunteer staff that manages the day to day operations of our coalition. If you are interested in taking a more active role, apply for a board position and/or serve as an assistant. You can contact us at email@example.com for more information.
DirectLink would like to post some of your editorials. If you have an article, awards or something you wish to share with CLCID members, please email your submissions to; firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 10th day of every month. Please note; CLCID reserves the right to publish.
In order to keep the design community better informed we have our web site www.clcid.org and have set up Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter accounts to expand communication with our members. We encourage you to sign-up for the ones that best serve you and your business.
CLCID wishes all of our members
a very prosperous and successful 2013